Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Shelter

This morning I was reading in 2 Corinthians and when I got to verses 16-18, I was reminded of all the things Christ is, so I made a list to help remind me of Who He is:

Jesus You are my shelter
Jesus You calm the storm
Jesus You are my Refuge when I lay in the shadow of Your wings
Jesus You are my Light
Jesus You are the Truth
Jesus You are my Strength when I am weak
Jesus I need You, need You, more than anything
You are my Rock
You are my Deliverer
You are Forever with me.

I was encouraged, I hope and pray someone else out there is encouraged as well.

Lord, I pray these truths would stick with me today. It's so easy to forget all the things You've done for me. May someone be encouraged.

"That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look a the troubles we see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." 2 Corinthians 2:16-18 (NLT)

No comments: