Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Learning to Trust

These last few days have been insane...even for a mother with four kids. They have been filled with a trip to the ER with my 2-year-old swelling beyond recognition (which we later found out it was because she was attacked by fire ants and is apparently highly allergic to them). We found out that both of our boys have ruptured ear drums and our 2-year-old has an infected toe...and nostril. (Oh boy, bring on the medical bills!!!.) On top of all of this, the kids have not been sleeping well, thus we have ended up with three of our four children in our bed...which does make it difficult to get any sleep what-so-ever. Plus, we gave our 90-day move out notice, so we are busy trying to sell off things, and things are kind-of up in the air with where my husband will be working next. So, as you can see, it has been easy to allow ourselves to be overwhelmed with what's going on around us.

In the midst of all this, though, there have been so many blessings! It can be so easy to get overwhelmed with the negatives that happen, that I can blind myself to the positive moments. There have been moments where we have been able to really feel God taking care of us. Kaitlyn was able to get right into the ER with absolutely no wait. The doctors and nurses were wonderful, and they took really good care of her. I was able to speak to one of my really good friends that I haven't spoken to in quite some time. We have been able to sell some things off that we didn't think we'd be able to so quickly. Even though the appointment was only for our oldest son, the doctor also saw two of our other kids which is when we found out all three of them needed to be on antibiotics. Peace, amazing feelings of peace that can only be from God.

It's those moments that I have been clinging to, knowing that He is taking care of us through it all. Even though it may feel like the world is crashing down around us, I am so thankful that God is bigger than it all. I can trust Him, knowing that all I see is what is right in front of me, while He sees EVERYTHING and is taking care of me, and my husband, and our children.

"But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

No comments: