Monday, September 19, 2011

Don't Bet on It

This morning my husband and I got into a disagreement on whether his parents were going to come into town this Thursday or Friday. Ryan asked me if I wanted to bet on it. I, firmly believing that they were coming in on Thursday, said yes. But then we had to decide on what to bet on. Of course...since I knew I was right, threw out the idea that whoever was wrong got the night shift that night. And so it was agreed, whoever is wrong will get up with every child every time they wake up that night. I could just hear the angel singing in my head! One night of blissful, uninterrupted sleep!!!

Later that morning I was texting my mother-in-law and just happened to throw out the big question, "so, when do you guys get into town this week?" Her answer almost threw me off the couch. She said Friday. WHAT?!? Friday?!? Awe man! How could I be wrong?

So, at that point I decided I would just act as if nothing had happened. Completely ignore any conversation having to do with the what, when, or how they were coming into town this week. Maybe, just maybe he would forget.

As we were sitting around the dinner table, without even thinking about what I was saying, I throw out the, "Guess what we get to do Friday?" to the kids. After explaining to them that I was going to pick them up early from school and take them to go pick up Grami and Papa Willy, I hear my husband say, "and guess what I get to do tonight?"

I look at him with a questioning look as he smirks at me and says, "According to what your mom just said in confirming what I already knew, I get a whole night of uninterrupted sleep."

Ouch! There it was. Dang it! He caught me. Ugh. Lesson learned...don't bet on something with your husband...even if you're positive of the outcome. Not because you may be right, but because if you're wrong, he'll hold you to it!

No comments: