Monday, September 12, 2011

Mom Hair

Have you ever heard of "mom" hair? I must say...I am the queen of "mom" hair. I'm always throwing my hair up into a pony-tail, whether I have time to wash it in the morning or not. I think it's a trade-mark of "the mom with young kids".

How on earth do moms have time to keep their fingernails and toenails so well manicured? Is something wrong with me? I let my fingernails grow until their length bothers me and then I cut them down to the nubbins. I do the same with my toenails. The rare times that I do get pedicures, I end up keeping that same toenail polish on until it wears off or my toenail grows out! I honestly have nothing against well-groomed moms, my question is how do you do it?

I noticed yesterday while people-watching at church how many well-groomed moms there were. I think that's when it hit me. While some women will spend time on themselves every morning, most women will spend a few extra minutes Sunday morning. Not because they feel they should look good at church, but because it's an excuse to take some extra time on themselves. It's not a bad thing, I just find it interesting...since I do the same thing. It's nice to know that there are other moms like me.

1 comment:

Instein423 said...

Jennie.. My toenails can relate to your post! Everyday I tell myself I'm going to take the 10 minutes to take off what's left of the old polish, trim them, and throw on a coat of something new. But then at the end of the day I sit down and who really wants to leave the couch and go upstairs for the supplies?!