Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Pokemon Tyranitar Cake

My son LOVES Pokemon. So, for his 7th birthday he wanted a Tyranitar Pokemon cake.

I began with two round vanilla cakes. I spread chocolate frosting in between the two cakes to make them stick, froze the cake, then I frosted both cakes with the Wilton white frosting.

Next, I took a picture of Tyranitar, printed it off the computer, and then placed it on top of the cake. I took pins and poked holes all around the picture so that I could trace it with frosting. This part was tricky, because once I lifted the sheet of paper, it looked like the attack of the holes had invaded the top of the cake. After making out the main lines of Tyranitar, I finally got an idea of what the dinosaur would look like once it was finished.

Next, I mixed the frosting colors I wanted using the Wilton frosting colors. I used the same tip for all of the colors. Looking back, I wish I had used different tips, but overall, I was happy with the end result.



No comments: