Thursday, July 26, 2012

Poo


Things are never what you'd expect when it comes to parenting. I learned very quickly that the best way to go about being a parent is to have no expectations whatsoever...and if you're the type of person who cannot live life without expectations, then make them as low as you can.

I have found this to be all the more true as I have attempted to potty train my third child many different times this last year. I was told by a few other moms that for them, their third child was the easiest child to potty train. Part of it seemed like it was because they had older siblings they wanted to be like and the other part was partly because the older siblings were the ones to potty train them. This got me excited. I'd had a fairly easy time potty training my older two, so knowing that number three would be a breeze, I was all for that!

Right after our daughter turned 2 she was completely potty trained for about 2 weeks. By completely potty trained, I mean that she was wearing panties all day and pooing and peeing in the potty. After about 2 weeks, she decided she was too busy to go in the potty, so after going through too many panties to count, instead of fighting the issue we went back to full-time diapers. I knew she was still pretty young, so I gave up. It probably was not the best thing for me to do, but I knew we were going to be moving across the country pretty soon, so I didn't want to have to be fighting the issue during that time. After we moved I decided to try again. She was and has been completely potty trained with the peeing part since, but because she refuses to poo in the potty, I have resorted to diapers again. I would rather clean a poopie diaper'd butt than a poopie pantie'd butt.

All of my expectations of having my third child easily potty trained have been completely bashed to pieces. I'm going to wait until she forces the issue. As for now, I have more poo stories than I care to share.

No comments: